Swellendam Breede river front farm of 94ha for sale. The farm also has planning permission for seven houses and to establish a Bed and Breakfast set-up which could generate income from tourism. It offers beautiful views onto the mountains and river. It is zoned as a Agri /Tourism farm
• Three fully furnished very basic wooden tourist houses (solar and water connections with gas heating
• A 48 x 12m steel barn
• Open planned, kitted camping spot under roof, with a open dining, cooking section and a bathroom, donkey for water heating and a composting toilet.
• Started a boma type camping spot inside a lush treed area close to the river.
Water & Soil:
• 3 x boreholes
• Riverfront on Breede river
• Soil analyses on request
• Solar power, an Eskom power box (erected but not connected)
Swellendam normally receives about 462mm of rain per year, with rainfall occuring throughout the year. It receives the lowest rainfall (23mm) in December and the highest (48mm) in August. The monthly distribution of average daily maximum temperatures shows that the average midday temperatures for Swellendam range from 17.1°C in July to 27.5°C in January. The region is the coldest during July when the mercury drops to 5°C on average during the night.
River front farms on the Breede river hardly ever becomes available for sale, making this a rare opportunity to acquire one.