90 hectares are under irrigation consisting of fully grown olive trees (approximately 24 000 trees). They farm with five of the finest olive cultivars in Southern Africa. Three of these cultivars are table-olive cultivars (Mission, Manzanilla, and Kalamata) and make up about 85 percent of the entire harvest.
They use the other two cultivars (Beruni and Lechino) to cold press our Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The farm is perfectly positioned in the Breede River Valley and enjoys exceptional agricultural conditions: high winter rain, high quality soil, a healthy balance in temperatures and very few pesticides. The farm also boasts with a flawless irrigation system consisting of three dams, one borehole and a servitude whole strategically positioned on the farm.
The farm has a professionally designed and developed olive factory in which they cure all of the table olives. They have approximately 15 full time employees in the factory who leads all the industrial processes involved in producing all of the fine olive products.
The olive factory has the capacity to store and cure approximately 1000 tons of olives a year. The factory has high quality equipment, and professional production systems. The entire factory, excluding the offices, is 1575 square metres big.
All of the above equips this farm to be the forerunner in the South African Table Olive Industry.
FARM FULL DESCRIPTION:
• 90 hectares of well established and cared for olive trees (fully grown) under permanent irrigation.A further 20 hectares which can still be developed and planted under olive trees/vineyards.
• 110 hectares of farmable land.
• Well established Name in the olive industry.
• Long lasting relationships with its current clients as well as a large contract with Spar South Africa; it supplies Spar with all the “Spar Brand Olives.”
• Well established/popular wedding/function venue which could host up to 120 guests.
• Well established restaurant/deli with a swimming pool which is very popular especially among the locals.
• Very unique stone chapel on the farm which can easily host up to 120 people.
• Several houses on the Estate.
• Two horse camps on the Estate.
House Number One: Six Bedrooms, three bathrooms, large garden, four living rooms, large kitchen, large garden and swimming pool.
House Number Two: Three Bedrooms, two bathrooms, open plan living room, and a deck over the dam.
House Number Three: Two Bedrooms, one bathroom, and an open plan living room with dining room.
House Number Four: Two Bedrooms, one bathroom, living room and kitchen.
House Number Five: Two Bedrooms, one bathroom, living room and kitchen.
• A further 8 workers houses on the Estate each consisting of two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom.
STORAGES AND OUTBUILDINGS:
• A very large factory on the Estate equipped with all the required “state of the art” equipment and tanks to cure and package olives on a very large scale.
Big/spacious farm office consisting of several smaller rooms including two offices, a reception area, an art gallery, two bathrooms, and a kitchen.
• Three dams strategically positioned on the Estate which is sufficient to store and provide water to all of the Estate’s 90 hectares of olive trees.
• Dam1: Capacity of 13 000 Cubic Metres
• Dam 2: Capacity of 12 000 Cubic Metres
• Dam 3: Capacity of 6 000 Cubic Metres
ACCESS TO WATER AND WATER RIGHTS:
• Receives water from the Hex River Water Channel which runs through the Estate; parallel to the Hex River. Receives a permanent (24/7, 52 weeks per year) supply of water from this channel which is more than sufficient to supply our dams with all the required water.
Two boreholes on the Estate. The one is able to produce 6000 litres of water per hour and the other 2000 litres of water per hour.
• A servitude dam on one of the neighbouring farms which is capable of providing the Estate with 4000 litres of water per hour.
Further Water Rights:
• All the legal rights to all the access water which a neigbouring farm doesn’t use from their water point in the Worcester East’s Water Council’s channel.