This 74ha farm is located in a beautiful environment a few minutes from the village. It has a total of 18ha arable land , 12 of which are currently mostly covered in Kikuyu for grazing with irrigation points of which most is currently covered with Kikuyu.Each hectare has at least one major irrigation point. The remaining 6ha of arable land, which has now reverted to fynbos, was previously planted to oats. The rest of the land is covered in Cape fynbos. The farm originally was a small dairy farm . The current owners have lived on the farm for the last 27 years and have kept some cattle and sheep. Currently the farm with it's beautiful mountains and quiet and safe location, is used as a retirement farm.
• 4 x dams
• 1 x borehole that is overflowing with water but never used.
• Numerous mountain trickle springs that have never dried up
• Drinking water from mountain springs.
• 32 hours of “beurtwater” per week by means of a 50mm pipe which runs in the " leiwater" furrow from a nearby river
• In winter the furrow turns into a stream
• Located next to a dam is the spacious 3 bedroom farm house with small office or 4th bedroom, one bathroom, farm style kitchen with Dover stove and adjacent pantry. Large family/TV lounge with big rustic fire place.Spacious studio leading off TV lounge. Additional formal lounge. Large verandah/ stoep, established garden with big trees.
• Labourer cottage (no labourers)
• Calf stalls x 8.
• Tack room.
• Feed room.
• Carport – 2 cars.
• Store room.
• Packing room.
• Drying verandah – onions etc.
• ESCOM 3 phase power
The property is properly fenced, except for the back part high up in the beautiful mountains. There is a Jeep track and hiking trail of around 6km that takes you almost to the back of the farm.
*Please note the buildings does need some attention and require maintenance work to be done, and there are cracks in some of the walls in the main house, but other than that the structures are solid and sturdy requiring a new paint job. Access roads are well maintained .